The Co-Op Tournament
The Co-Op tournament is designed to test the limits of players' skill, knowledge and map awareness in Starcraft II Co-op mode. Currently, there is a $100 prize given to the winning team ($50 each player).
You may visit the Archive to see how the past tournaments played out, download replays of all the games, and view the casted VODs for each game of the event.
- All games are played on Brutal difficulty.
- Both teams start with 4 points in their point pool.
- Participants may allocate their mastery points to best suit the mutators they face.
- Players may pause a game as many times as they wish.
- Due to its ability to make some people nauseous, Vertigo cannot be selected as a mutator.
- The tournament takes place with two teams of two players and will be played across multiple rounds.
- A round takes place in the following manner:
- Every round, each team will play a mutator set assigned to them by the opposing team.
- Teams take turns in adding a mutator to the set the opposing team will play.
- Once a mutator is selected, it cannot be selected by any team for the current and the subsequent round.
- All of a team's points must be consumed through bidding and/or mutator selection. Points do not carry over.
- As an in-game limitation, a maximum of 10 mutators may be selected.
- When mutators are selected and given to the other team, that team selects a map to play that mutator set.
- Once a map is selected, it may not be played until all other maps in the map pool have been played by that team.
- Once a commander is selected, it may not be played until all other commanders have been played by that team. If a player does not have a commander purchased, they will need to play it at level 5.
- Each team has only one attempt to successfully complete the mission. Bonus objectives are not required.
- Point pools refill each round.
- On victory, that team gets 1 point added to their point pool.
- Completing ALL bonus objectives gives a bonus 1 point to that team.
- The winning team is the team that wins a round when the other team loses.
- In the case that both teams lose a round, the team with the greatest mission progress (in percentage completion) before defeat is the team that wins the tournament. Mission progress is described in the section below.
- To prevent stalemates, if a mission lasts longer than 45:00 in-game time, it will be considered a loss and mission progress will be measured from that time.
- If an ally disconnects, the other person will have to complete the mission by themself. They may use their ally's units and resources as they see fit. If both players disconnect, the game will be considered a loss.
In case both teams lose their runs, a "Mission Effort" score will be determined based on the mission progress. The below table outlines how the Mission Effort Score will be determined.
|Chain of Ascension||Maximum waypoint along the path||18|
|Cradle of Death||Facilities destroyed||4|
|Dead of Night||Infested Structures destroyed||151|
|Lock & Load||Maximum Celestial Locks captured||5|
|Malwarfare||Security Terminals Purged||5|
|Miner Evacuation||Evacuation Ships saved||5|
|Mist Opportunities||Waves guarded||5|
|Oblivion Express||Trains destroyed||9|
|Part & Parcel||Hybrids killed||3|
|Rifts to Korhal||Void Shards destroyed||10|
|Scythe of Amon||Void Slivers destroyed||5|
|Temple of the Past||Time temple is alive||26:00|
|The Vermillion Problem||Crystals deposited||20|
|Void Launch||Shuttles destroyed||35|
|Void Thrashing||Void Thrashers killed||10|
In addition to the standard rules, each tournament will provide teams with three abilities that they can use (once per tournament) to help progress through the tournament. The abilities will be randomly selected from the list below.
|Mutator Veto||Remove a mutator from the set.||After a team receives its mutator set.|
|Commander Veto||Prevent the opposing team from using a certain commander for a round. Can only be used as long as they have at least three commanders in their commander pool.||On submitting a mutator set for the other team.|
|Inflation||Increases the cost of a mutator by 2 for that round for the opposing team.||At the start of the round|
|Map Veto||Prevent the opposing team from playing a certain map for a round. Can only be used as long as they have at least two maps in their map pool.||On submitting a mutator set for the other team.|
|Race to Victory||Allows a team to reroll the map until they face off against a specific race as shown by the in-game Enemy Composition Identification.||After a team receives its mutator set.|
|Map Replay||Allows the team to play an already-played map.||After a team receives its mutator set.|
|Simplify||Allows the team to play the round on Hard difficulty instead of Brutal.||After a team receives its mutator set.|
|Two Lives||Allows a team to get a second chance to complete a mission in case they fail. They may change commanders, if needed. If they succeed on the first try, this ability is not refunded.||After a team receives its mutator set.|
The costs of the mutators is as follows:
|Heroes from the Storm||5|
|Moment of Silence||2|
|Mutually Assured Destruction||2|
|We Move Unseen||2|
As with all esports tournaments, players are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship. This means, but it is not limited to:
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful and professional manner.
- Any form of cheating will instantly cause the cheating team to forfeit the tournament. Both players will no longer be allowed to participate in future tournaments. Cheating includes the use of modified maps, hacks and other unauthorized software.
If you are participating in this tournament, please take note of the points below to ensure the tournament runs as smoothly as possible:
- It is highly advisable to have a backup partner in case your partner is not able to appear.
- If your partner does not appear, you may use any method you wish to find a co-op partner (e.g. Discord, Co-op Subreddit, in-game chat, etc.).
- Once a team plays a game, that team is expected to compete throughout the tournament. No partner swaps are allowed.
- Should a partner leave in the middle of the tournament, the remaining player will be expected to complete the rest of the missions on their own. They may select their ally's commander/masteries (subject to tournament rules) and may use a 4-base economy as well.
- You are free to use voice chat to communicate with your ally, although using in-game pings and chat is preferred, to allow viewers to follow your plans.
- You may play on any server you wish.
- You will be provided access to a private channel, along with the other team's players. Use this to:
- Select your final choice for which mutators you'd like the other team to play.
- Select any abilities you would like to use (if needed).
- Post an end-of-game screenshot just before the victory screen and the replay file.
- Please ensure you have Replays enabled. Replays of all the games in the tournament will be posted after the tournament ends.
- Payment will be made via Paypal. If you prefer payment in the form of an electronic gift card or giftable in-game items (such as commanders), you may request that.
Unfortunately, registrations are now closed. Please check back later for the next registration wave.